Monday, March 21, 2011

Day 2 in Destin



Day 2 in Destin brought new adventures and a new experience.  We went to Fudpuckers, a favorite local spot that has great food, famous t-shirts and live gators!  We had the best time!  
Parker loved this huge gator - I think this was his favorite part!


This is Mello Yellow - their yellow gator.  Pretty cool!

Grandma pointing out all the gators just feet below!



They call it "Gator Beach" and I believe you can see why.  You can even feed them with a cane pole.  We were going to do that, but the guy told us they weren't very hungry, so we skipped that part. 

Instead, I opted for Parker and I to get our picture made with a real gator!  The gator was very cooperative - even when Parker was pulling his leg - hah!  The gator felt so cool - it was awesome!

This was Parker when he woke up from his nap and we told him we were going to the beach! 

He is ready to go!

We're on our way to the beach!

The view of the beach.  It is beautiful - white, sandy beaches and aquamarine colored water.  The weather is awesome - mid 70s all week!

This was the only picture we got of Parker without his crying face.

He started crying once he touched the sand and didn't stop until he was off the sand!

Parker had enough!


He was crying during this picture, but I think we sortof caught him between cries! 

Just like his daddy - not a fan of the beach!


Poor Parker - he was so over the beach!

And, we are leaving the beach.  We literally were on the beach for about 5 minutes!  Once Parker was on this bridge, he instantly stopped crying - hah!

So, we tried the pool . . .

Nope, not diggin' the pool either!!

Even my coaxing didn't help!

This was when he was the happiest - curled up with Grandma eating a graham cracker and having a drink of water!

One cool dude!


Parker and Grandma being silly!

Since we didn't spend much time on the beach, we decided to go to a local seafood place, AJ's.  It was really neat.  It was right on the marina and there was a boardwalk with shops - pretty neat place and neat atmosphere! 

Captain Jack came to visit Parker and made him an alligator balloon.  Parker was amazed by Captain Jack!


This was my plate of food that Parker and I shared.  It was Triggerfish.  I've never had it, nor heard of it, but it was yummy.  It is a local favorite and is a very lean, white fish. 

Checking out the swordfish

And the turtle statue

For dessert, we stopped at a local ice cream place, Shake's.

Parker got a FREE baby cone and he loved it . . . you'll see why!

See!!

Parker gave Grandma an ice cream kiss and she had ice cream all over her nose.  It was really cute!  He thought it was so funny - he did it twice - hah!

My key lime pie milkshake - yummy!

2 comments:

Casey and Amy Bough said...

Fuddpuckers is so good! That plate was huge, but it looked good, too. The picture of PK's ice cream face made me lol. Miss ya.

Libby said...

I am so jealous! Ya'll look like you're having a blast! I am WAY impressed that you held that alligator...I never would have!