The other night, we went to the Alabama/GA Tech baseball game. Before the game, we stopped at the Varsity. It is such a neat place to go, and when you eat there, you can't think about all the fat and grease in the food! Hah! It is really good, not the most healthy for you, but good!
Parker eating his hot dog and half his bun. He loved it and he ate it so fast! This is probably only the 2nd time he's had a hot dog, so this was really a treat!
They have these cute hats you can wear, so we got Parker one. He looked so cute! I was so proud of him for leaving it on throughout dinner!
After dinner, it was on to the baseball game. It was a great game - GA Tech won the first game, but the next 2 days, Alabama beat GA Tech to go on to the super regional. We were sad for Tech, because they got beat out last year, and because they wouldn't be hosting the super regional. Oh well!
It was so hot and humid at the game. Poor Parker - I really don't think he can take the heat. His face gets all red, he's all sticky and his head was even sweating at the game - poor little guy! I had to take him to the concourse area and walk him around, so he would cool off.
Parker drank so much water and juice, trying to keep hydrated. If you look closely, you can see his eyes are closed. Hah!
Can you believe I left Parker's toys in the car? I could have slapped myself, and of course, I didn't realize I had done that until we were sitting in our seats. Ugh! So, I got Parker a spoon and straw to play with, so that seemed to keep his attention for a while. However, he did lose interest, so we had to improvise the rest of the game (my keys, my phone and my hand sanitizer bottle). Those all got switched out quite often, but it worked out ok.
Take a look at our little sweaty man! He did get tired towards the end of the game, and he wanted to lay down, but he was so hot and uncomfortable he couldn't. I felt so bad for him. Once we got home, I had to give him a bath, because I know I wouldn't have wanted to go to sleep after being all sticky and sweaty. Parker got in the bed at 11:30 and went right to sleep!







No comments:
Post a Comment