Sunday, June 6, 2010

Party, Pool and a Fox!


Last week was packed full of fun outings.  We started our week off attending a retirement party, for two wonderful teachers, at the school I used to work at.  RM Moore Elementary is where I was an assistant principal and we had the best principal and the best staff!  It's always nice to get to see everyone - it's like going back home.

Parker was curious about the gift table.
Parker was wanting to move all over, but once he got a spoon, he was as content as could be.
Two wonderful teachers who are retiring, (L to R) Mr. Major (PE) and Mrs. Lamb (5th grade).
Mrs. Lamb is awesome and Parker really enjoyed her!
Later in the week, Parker and I finally tested out our new pool.  I got this pool at Wal-Mart for $15.  It's about 8 ft long, 5 ft wide, and 2 ft deep.  It's perfect for both of us.  I bought Parker and myself a float, a beachball, and a couple of pool toys.  So, for about $25, we have some cheap, summer fun!  For all my friends that have little ones - I would totally recommend getting this pool for your kiddos and for yourself!
Parker is ready to get in!  This picture doesn't do justice, but this pool is perfect for me.  I can lay on a float in this pool and not touch any of the sides.  It's just great!  It's like having your own pool, but without all the hassle of cleaning and chemicals!
This was Parker when I first put him in his float.  He didn't really know what to think, but he liked it!
And, this is Parker once he figured out he could lay back and lounge - HILARIOUS!!
I mean, seriously - look at him!  I was cracking up!
I decided Parker had enough lounging, so I got him out of his float and we played in the water.  He really enjoyed it!
Jake was out with us for a while, but he gave up and wanted to go back inside.  He really doesn't like the heat.  I would have put Jake in the pool, but I was afraid his toe nails would cut the bottom of the pool.
Parker thought it was the best thing when he splashed himself!
Finally, we had to get out, but I don't think Parker was ready to - hah!
After our pool fun, we had spaghetti for dinner.  Parker thought it would be a better idea to use his hands, instead of his fork.  So, we just let him - it was fun to watch!  He only had on a shirt and he did get spaghetti on it.  However, I have Zout stain remover and it works like a champ!  Needless to say, he got a good bath after dinner!
We ended our week with Parker going to his last swim class at our local YMCA.  When we were leaving the neighborhood, I looked over on one of the streets, and I saw this fox!!  It was crazy!!  I had seen this little guy one night, about midnight, on our driveway, but you don't usually see them out in the daytime!  Of course, I stopped, got out and took a picture.  It was crazy, because the fox saw me get out, and actually stopped and looked at me for a few seconds, then went on his way.  It was really cool!
Here is Parker at his last swim class.  We did the class last year and he had fun.  So, we decided to do the class again this year, and he did have fun.  I think he's still a little young for the class, but we have fun!  I noticed in all the pictures we took, there were a lot of dads in the class!  In thinking back now, I think there were only 2 moms and about 7 dads.  Wow!
Parker couldn't concentrate on our activity because he was so excited Dad was there to watch him and take pictures - hah!
After our swim class was over, I was explaining to Parker this was his last swim class.  Below are his expressions as I explained it to him.  You can also see his wrinkly, little feet!  Hah!
Oh no, Mom - not my last class!
Ok, Mom, not cool - I want to keep swimming!

No comments: