I decided to buy Parker a plastic baby pool because it is so hot and we haven't been able to get outside a lot because of the heat. I got the pool today and we tried it out. I was a little worried because I wasn't sure if he would like it or not. When we were in Myrtle Beach a few weeks ago, he wanted nothing to do with the ocean or the pool. However, he LOVED his little pool! He stayed in the pool for about 45 minutes before he got tired - it was awesome and we had a lot of fun.
Parker didn't quite know what to do when I first put him in the pool. At first, he just sat there and stared at the water. I would splash with my hands and feet, then splash him, then use his hands and feet to splash, but he just kept sitting and staring. He was probably thinking whether or not he liked it and if he should cry - but, luckily he never did.
Jake came around by the pool and I picked him up and put him in the pool. Jake and Parker love staring at each other now, so I was hoping by putting Jake in the pool, that would stimulate Parker to do something. I think this picture shows that both of the boys still don't quite understand what this water-thing is.
Then, Jake decided to start drinking the water from the pool and that finally got Parker going. Jake was drinking and Parker started kicking and splashing and reaching for Jake.
Once Parker figured out his little pool, he loved playing in the water. He sat there and kicked and splashed and looked around. His face is so cute in this picture and I believe he is very content.
Playing ball in the pool. He understands the concept of 2 hands on the ball. He's starting to pick up toys with his right hand, but he still favors his left hand. Hopefully he'll be a left-handed pitcher!
Just chillin' in the pool. This was at the end of his pool time, so he was starting to get a little tired. He actually liked laying down in the water, but I just let him do this for a couple of seconds.







No comments:
Post a Comment