Monday, June 8, 2009

Fun at the Beach!


This past weekend we went on our first family vacation to Myrtle Beach. My mom was going there for a long weekend, so we met her there. Sunday the 7th was also mine and Brad's 6 year anniversary, so we celebrated that as well. We had a good time, the weather was pretty good - it did rain twice, but we got to go to the beach, the pool, shopped, and ate - so overall, it was a nice mini-vacation. I have never packed so much stuff in my life! I now understand why parents say it's so hard traveling with kids - you have to bring everything from home. We had to get a luggage carrier from the hotel to haul everything up to the room. I have stayed in lots of hotels over the years and I have never used a luggage carrier! WOW - I was amazed at how much 1 little guy needs to bring with him!

Parker chillin' on the bed before we venture out to the beach


1st time on the beach


1st experience with the ocean - not too bad. Parker really didn't know what to think. The first time I put his feet in the water, he was pretty good. But, . . . . . .

Then I decided to sit him in the water and he wanted none of that. He started crying - it was funny! I tried again, but then he got red eyes and big tears. He did not like the water at all. Brad was not with us at the beach - he was golfing. Later, I told Brad what Parker did and he said, "That's my boy." For those of you that know Brad, knows he is not a big fan of the ocean/water/beach. He would just rather be doing other things, so it's hilarious that Parker seems to be the same way.


Parker was perfectly fine laying on the towel on the beach in the shade!


After laying on the towel for about 10 minutes, he went to sleep for 2 hours!



Parker and Grandma Henry at Planet Hollywood


Parker at Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville. He loved looking around at all the lights and decorations in the restaurant.



Outside the restaurant, we got our picture made with a parrot - yes, he's real and he's really on my shoulder. He was very friendly and he was a beautiful bird!

One day we tried the pool, but again, Parker would rather sleep than swim. Grandma was holding him and he went right to sleep. So, I got in the lazy river and Grandma held Parker for a while and let him sleep.


Parker and Dad. Parker's shirt says, "Totally cuter than daddy." I think that's true - don't you?


Our family at a restaurant called Thorny's. It was really good.


Ok, so Parker wasn't too fond of the ocean, so I thought he would like the pool. WRONG! He didn't want anything to do with the pool or the ocean! I tried just having his feet in - NOPE - didn't like that. So, then I tried sitting him on the first step of the pool - NOPE - didn't like that either. So, the consensus was - doesn't like the water, but loves sleeping - just like his daddy!



After all the "fun" at the beach and pool, we came back to the room and Grandma gave Parker a bath. He loved it! We had a fun family vacation and we have lots of fun memories. Maybe next time we visit a pool or the beach, he will like it. Who knows!

No comments: