Tuesday, June 16, 2009

9 month fun!


We took Parker for his 9 month check-up last week. He is growing a lot! He weighed 18 1/2 pounds and was 28 1/2 inches long. He has grown 3 inches in just under a month! He has really been eating a lot more lately. He is still sleeping good - 2 hour nap in the morning and an hour nap in the afternoon and asleep by 8:15pm and up around 7am. I found some food menus on the internet, so we've been trying a variety of different foods for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Parker seems to be liking the foods so far. I've started giving him some banana puffs that dissolve in his mouth and he's had a few bites of chicken. He is a happy little guy and pretty chilled out (hopefully that continues when he's about 2)!

Parker and Brad playing together on the floor.


Parker has mastered sitting up. He is getting stronger with this everyday. He loves sitting up and playing with his Georgia ball. He will grab it with 2 hands, then transfer to one of his hands and sortof throws it. At least he already knows to field the ball with 2 hands!


Parker enjoys being on his belly more, so he's starting to push up on his arms for longer periods. We have to help him get his knees under him, but once we do - he starts to rock. Everyone we talk to says he is close to crawling! That should be fun chasing him all over the house!


I believe Jake enjoys Parker now. When Brad and I are playing with Parker in the floor, Jake will come over and sit right in the middle of us (and he usually brings a toy - see the brown dog beside Parker's head)! Sometimes Jake will sit beside Parker, so we take that opportunity and have Parker pet Jake on his back and I think he really likes it! I know Parker does because he will just smile and laugh! We are excited for Parker to start crawling around the house and chasing Jake.

No comments: