Sunday, June 12, 2011

Last Days in Nebraska


Our last few days in Omaha were awesome.  We ate great food and the weather was just awesome!  There is always a breeze blowing - it's just great!  It's a totally different climate and pace of life than Georgia. 

One day, we ate lunch at this restaurant that is inside the local bowling alley.  It was really good and they had lots to choose from.  We took pictures of Parker with his "High Roller" book and we were trying to teach him how to play "Keno."  HAH!  Parker really just enjoyed coloring on the Keno card - hah!

We got to visit with our friends, Donnie and Shannon and their 3 girls.  We had a great time.  Shannon made tacos, quesadillas and rice - it was yummy!  We always enjoy getting to see them and wished we could see them more!

The girls were watching a princess DVD and Parker sat there and watched for about 10 seconds, then he was off to see their doggie. 

Parker really enjoyed his time with their dog, Jericho.  It was so cute and Parker was very gentle with him.


Parker and Josie, she's 16 months.  They were like two peas in a pod - too cute!

Donnie pulled out his ukelele and Parker was fascinated.  Donnie was so nice and let Parker strum a few tunes!


We attended the Triple A Omaha Stormchasers baseball game.  The stadium was awesome and the game was really good.  This league is just under the major league Kansas City Royals, so a large majority of the players were good. 

Parker did pretty good at the game, especially for not being able to move around.  We had great seats, right behind home plate and Parker had a great view of the players.

This was a late night for Parker, but he was such a trooper.  The game was at 7 and Parker goes to bed by 8.  By 9, Parker was running out of steam.  It was nice though, because he wanted to sit in my lap for a long time.  I definitely enjoyed that! 

Parker perked up towards the end of the game when we told him there were fireworks!


One day, we enjoyed a great day at one of the parks in Omaha.  It was a beautiful day!

Parker and Dad on the see-saw

Parker loved the swings, but loved swinging with Grandma even more! 

Grandpa was helping Parker on this

Ready to slide!

Taking a walk break with Grandma

In the cage - hah!

Brad had to channel his inner child and climb the rope tower. 

Luckily, he made it to the top with no injuries - hah!

I love this picture of Parker and Grandma Kleeman.  Parker was tired after playing at the park, so they took a break to look at the nice lake, just below the park.

Our last day in Nebraska, we visited Brad's parent's farm that's about an hour away from their house.  There are future plans to build a nice cabin there, so we were all checking it out.

On the way, we stopped at a little cafe that had good homecooked food.  This was Parker's face when the food came to our table - hah!

Taking a walk in the corn field to check out the property.  I think Parker is looking and seeing nothing but corn rows and open sky, and thinking, "You want me to walk where?" 

After a little coaxing, he started walking.  It was a half-mile to the location and a half-mile back.  He walked almost the entire way!

Parker checking out the corn and loving it!


We saw a nice doe while walking in the field

The half-mile complete!

This was Parker's preferred mode of transportation back to the car - hah!

Before we left the farm, we stopped to fish for a while.  I have not been fishing since I went with my dad many, many  years ago.  It brought back great memories and made me miss my Dad.  However, I know I made my Dad proud when I caught this bullhead!  I had a lot of nibbles and I actually caught 2 others, but they fell off before I could reel them in, but they were small ones.  Brad's dad also caught one and Brad said he did too, but neither Brad's dad or I saw it, so we said it didn't count - hah!

Yes, I am a catch and release gal.  However, I guess I let this poor fish nibble on the worm a bit too long, because when we looked for the hook, it was way down in his mouth and we didn't have pliers to get it out.  So, Brad cut the line and left the hook in his mouth - poor fish!  However, both Brad and his dad assured me the fish would be fine.  I threw the fish back in and I hope that my little fish is doing ok!

Parker thought Mommy's fish was pretty neat!

We had a great time in Nebraska.  We appreciate Brad's parents so much and we want to thank them for all they did for us while we were there.  Brad and I actually got to feel like a "couple" because Brad's parents would watch Parker for us, while we went out and got to do some things.  The food was great, the weather was awesome, and the pace of life was relaxing.  Thanks again Mom and Dad Kleeman for a great week!

No comments: