Friday, January 14, 2011

Snow Day - Day 5


Day 5 of snow and ice.  Parker slept until 8am this morning - I think he was worn out from being outside so much from the day before!  After breakfast, Brad and Parker headed out to sled.  None of the snow had melted and the yards were all ice - it was still very slick!  

So, as the boys were outside, I was inside cleaning.  About 5 minutes later, I turn around to see Parker and Brad walking towards me, and what do I see . . . blood on Parker's nose!!  (Scroll back up to see the wounded sled boy)  The first thing Brad said to me was, "He's ok, we just had a little accident!"  Parker wasn't crying, so that was good.  Brad said the snow was so icy, it was super fast and they just lost control.  He said Parker went forward a little and that's how he got some ice-cuts on his nose.  Parker is a tough cookie and it makes for a good story!

The main roads are ok, but many of the neighborhoods and some of the side roads are still icy.  Many of the weekend school activities are cancelled because of all the ice still on the roads.  The bad thing is the snow is melting during the day and refreezing all over the roads at night!

Luckily, we were able to get out today, so Parker and I headed to Taco Mac to meet up with my good friends and to celebrate my friend, Kathy's birthday.  Kathy brought her little girl Mackenzie.  PK and Mac were so cute eating next to each other.  As an appetizer, they shared goldfish and graham crackers!   



My mom is here for the weekend, so we went to Target to look for a birthday present for Parker's friend, Lily.  He got invited to her birthday party that's coming up in a few days, and we are so excited (it's at Chuck E. Cheese).  I was looking around in the toy section and all of a sudden I see Parker in this firefighter hat!  My mom always finds some type of cute hat in every store we go into together.













We look forward to a fun weekend with Grandma Henry!

No comments: