Thursday, January 13, 2011

Snow Day - Day 4


Day 4 of snow and ice!  We were going to take Parker to school, but he woke up coughing, so we decided to keep him home.  The roads were a little better - we were at least able to get out of our driveway and go to the grocery store!  The bottom of our driveway is still solid ice, but we had a few clear patches on our driveway where we could get the car out - whew!  It was nice getting out and seeing new scenery!

Our sleds finally came UPS today!!  Brad and I were so excited.  We saw the UPS truck drive down the street in front of our house and I asked Brad to run outside to see if the sleds had come!  He yelled, "They're here - they're here!"  Hah!  (It was like Christmas to us!)

We put Parker in the laundry basket because I thought that would be perfect for him - he couldn't go anywhere and he wouldn't fall out!  It was hilarious!  Both neighbors came out to watch and they thought we were pretty creative!


Then, we tried Jake in the basket.  Poor thing was scared to death! Hah!

I was able to send Jake down the hill once in the basket, but that was it.  He got smart and would jump out as it was starting to slide down the hill!

Brad and I got on our sleds and we had a blast!  Brad had Parker on the sled with him and Parker really enjoyed it!  We slid down the hill in our backyard.  Then, we went to the front of our house, by our mailbox, slid across the front yard, between our house and the neighbors, and all the way down the backyard.  Awesome!!

Then, we ventured up our neighborhood and slid down the hill along the street.  This is how Parker got carried to the perfect starting spot! Hah!



Even I got in on the action.  I'm glad my driving skills are better than my sledding skills! Hah!

We had a great snow day!  Parker was absolutely exhausted after all the sliding fun.  He took a good nap afterwards.  Maybe Brad will get lucky and get 1 more day off from school, to make it a full week off!

No comments: