I wanted to do a memory birthday post in honor of my dad. His birthday is July 20 and he would have been 64 years old. My dad passed away 1 week before my birthday, on October 11, 2002, when he was 56. It's so hard to believe that it's coming up on his 8 year anniversary!
My dad's passing is still very hard on me, and my brother and sister. We love him so much and miss him terribly. People say time heals, but for me, time makes it harder. I still find myself wanting to call him and tell him something that's going on with me, or something that Parker has done.
Many of you who read this blog, know my dad, and/or you know about his passing. This is a tribute to my dad - a way for me to say a silent, "Happy Birthday," and for me to keep his memory alive, and remember our precious time together.
My dad as a young boy. He looks a little mischevious, don't you think? Hah!
I believe this picture was taken at a local pool hall. My dad loved shooting pool!
At my softball game at the OVC tournament. He was chewing ice when the picture was taken! Hah!
I have so many memories of my dad being at many of my softball games. Being a pitcher himself, he always had some "pitching advice" to give me!
This is when I had my hair cut short (that didn't last long)!
"Senior Softball Day" at Tech
This is at my graduation from Tech. He was so proud of me and I am so glad he was there!
I still remember walking into the "Hoop" (our basketball arena), for graduation, and it was packed! Somehow I located him, probably because he was waving like crazy - trying to get my attention. Hah! That image is still so fresh in my memory - I will never forget that!
Parker "meeting" Grandpa Henry for the 1st time. This was such a bittersweet moment for me.
Parker and "Grandpa Henry" 1 year later.
I really miss my dad and I would give anything to have him back here with me. I know he is looking down on my family and watching over us, but I just miss him so. It's just so hard to believe it's been almost 8 years!
For those of you that still have your dad, take time to tell him you love him and live with no regrets! Thank you for letting me share a little of my dad with you! I love you DAD and Happy Birthday!!







3 comments:
Wasn't expecting to cry so early in the morning! Really sweet- I love that Parker visits his site and how you are keeping his memory alive. Love you girl!
You are so right Brandy, your dad was a wonderful man and I love and miss him dearly myself.....What I would give for him to be with us today. I think about how he would have enjoyed spoiling Parker. I know that he is still always right beside us when we need him...Love ya bunches......
Thank you for sharing Brandy! I too love that Parker goes with you to visit your dad's site. What a precious memory for you and Parker!
Post a Comment