Friday, July 9, 2010

22 months and hot tub fun!

Thursday, Parker turned 22 months!!  I can't believe in just 2 more months, he'll be 2!!  That is so hard to believe.  A few new things Parker is doing:
--He's starting to walk!!  Yes!!  We are so excited for him!  We can get him to walk about 10ft. pretty consistently.  He still needs a little help getting started, but once he gets going, he's pretty good.  He just needs to figure out that walking is better than crawling, then we'll be in business.
--He weighs about 30-31lbs. (75th percentile) and is about 33in long.
--He loves to eat, so we've started portioning his food, into small, toddler-size amounts. I bought a little tray-plate that has small sections on it, so we've been using that.  That will definitely help with the grocery bill!
--He has 11 teeth and I think he may even have another one coming also!
--He is very fascinated with Jake and Jake doesn't want much to do with him!  Hah!
--Parker loves watching The Weather Channel.  We don't let him watch too much tv, but he does watch the weather, sports and his reading dvd.

We celebrated Parker's 22 month day by running a few errands, eating at Chili's, then coming home and taking a long nap.  Later that evening, we headed over to my good friend Debbie's house.  Parker's "girl" friend, Mackenzie, was there (who he had the playdate with a few weeks back), along with her mom, Kathy.  Jenny was also there (these 3 ladies I taught with at my first school).  Debbie made chicken legs, mac-n-cheese, fresh garden tomatoes, and watermelon!  It was yummy!! 

Mackenzie and Parker
After dinner, it was time to hit the hot tub!!  We (the adults) were all very excited to see how Mackenzie and Parker would react to the hot tub!

Here they are in their "swim pants"
Parker and Mackenzie trying to get our attention, so we will take them out!
Parker finally crawled up to Jenny and started bouncing up and down, to see if that would work.  Mackenzie tapped him on the bootie as if to say, "Calm down Parker!"  Hah!
Finally, in the hot tub!!
Jenny called them "hot tub honeys"
We took turns with Mackenzie and Parker sharing the float.  When Parker got in, he laid right back and kicked his feet out - it was hilarious!!  So, Deb got him this empty cup, and it was like he was saying, "Ahh, I'm in the hot tub, I got my girl, and I got my drink!"  Hah!
Seriously, is this not hilarious??!!
Kathy, Mackenzie, Parker and I at Deb's house.  Thanks Deb for inviting us over and for the yummy food!!
We brought the "hot tub honeys" in, dried them off, and got them ready for bed.  We let them play a little bit more, before we all left and headed for home.  They both were pretty tired at this point!
Somehow, between leaving Deb's and halfway home, Parker perked up and he was ready to play!  So, when we got home, Brad took his shirt off, and we worked on walking throughout the house.  He did really great!  He ended up going to bed at 10:30pm, but luckily slept until 8am, the next morning.
He was so tired at this point, but he was walking towards me, so I had to snap a picture!
This was supposed to be a picture of Parker walking towards Brad, but you can see that someone (Jake) decided to get right in front of the camera when I took it.  Hah!  Jake is such a ham and an attention seeker, but we love him lots and lots!!

No comments: