Saturday we took Parker to a local park before heading out to Brad's uncle's farm for a cookout and fireworks. Parker had a great time at the park. We got to swing, slide, and ride the horsey. He had a great time!
I think his expression is so cute! He was so proud of himself for going down the slide!
Jake on the lookout at the park! Hah!
Parker with 2 of his cousins, Xavier and Luke. They all did a nice job of sharing, while waiting patiently to leave for the farm.
Some cows by the farm. I couldn't get over how big some of them were!
Parker took a good nap on the way to the farm, and when we got there, the wind was blowing like crazy! Now, on the farm, the wind BLOWS!! It was probably blowing at 20+ and gusts around 30, so it was very windy and something Parker and I were not used to. However, we all had a great time, despite the wind.
This was Parker when we first got him out of the car. Now, keep in mind, he had just woken up and then he is put in this crazy wind! Needless to say, he didn't really know what to think. He liked the wind in his face, but I think he was wondering why it wasn't stopping after a while! Hah!
I think his hair and face are so funny in these 2 pictures! Hah!
Lisa, Mark's wife, showing Parker one of her chickens. Parker got to pet it - he was so gentle with it!
Sitting on the John Deere - classic, right??
I took a picture of this cat because Lisa told us it's truly a "wild cat." It hangs around the barn and catches mice, so they have no mice at their place. It was pretty docile while we were there, but he just looks like he could get after something at any second! Hah!
Cousin Peter and Parker playing together. Peter is 2 1/2 and they are so cute together!
Parker with Aunt Jenny (Brad's sister)
The cookout was great - you roasted your own hot dog or brat. Then, there were all the fixings to go along with it. Oh my, the potato salad Lisa made was heavenly! They also had marshmallows you could roast, and the fixings to make smores. I made one and it was so good! It's been a long time since I've had a fire-roasted smore - yum, yum!!
I roasted a marshmallow for Parker to see what he would do. He grabbed it right off the stick and starting mushing it all up. So, that was no good. It took me about 3 wipes to get all the goo off his hands. Then, I got smart and gave him a marshmallow out of the package. It was hilarious to watch Parker investigate his marshmallow.
There were some huge frogs that we saw on the farm, so I had to take a picture of it!
As soon as it got dark, the fireworks fun began! Mark always does a big display, so this is an annual event the family always looks forward to. We were excited for Parker, because this was going to be his first "real" experience with fireworks.
Brad and Parker with a sparkler - Parker loved it. He would smile and kick his legs like crazy!
Parker absolutely loved the fireworks! We brought these big ear phones for him and he was pretty cute wearing them!
I think this one is just awesome!
Parker didn't make it through the entire fireworks show because he got really tired at the end. I ended up taking him inside and rocking him to sleep. It didn't take him long to fall asleep. He slept the entire way home, then as soon as I put him down, once we got home, he was out. We even had to wake him up Sunday morning to go to church! Hah!
I hope everyone had a nice July 4th weekend!







No comments:
Post a Comment