Thursday, December 3, 2009

Parker Fun



Monday, Parker got a walker.  I went to Target and found this cute Elmo one.  We had to find one pretty basic - one without all the gadgets.  Parker really studies things, so we knew if it had a lot of "stuff" on the top, he would play with that, instead of focusing on moving the walker.
We put him in it Monday and he was like a frozen pizza - he didn't move.  Kindof like when I put an outfit on Jake!  HAH!  So, Brad and I said we would put him in it for about 15 minutes each night until he got used to it.
Well, it didn't take him long to get the hang of it.  I put him back in it Tuesday afternoon and he took off!  It was awesome!  I was working on my laptop in the kitchen with him, then all of a sudden he started moving all over the kitchen and the living room.  It was great!  I was following him around with the laptop in my arms - it was pretty funny (and no, I didn't take a picture of me holding my laptop)!  He really seems to enjoy his new found movements!  We hope this walker will help him feel more comfortable at walking.

We put him on his Lightning McQueen truck tonight and he did great.  We think he's grown because he can put both his feet flat on the ground now.  A couple of weeks ago, he couldn't do that.  When he got on his truck he pushed a little forward and some backward, then he would stand up.  This was the first time he has done all those movements on his own.  Before, we would push him and he would just hold his feet up and enjoy the ride!  It was really great to see him getting the hang of it and enjoying his truck.

 
Here is Brad's newest thing with Parker - working on push-ups.  Right now, it's more like Brad doing push-ups and Parker looking at him and laughing!  Brad is doing this every night with Parker in hopes that Parker will one day join in.  I'll let you know how that goes!


No comments: