Wednesday, December 9, 2009

15 Months!


Parker turned 15 months on the 8th!  I can't believe how fast time is going.  It seems like only yesterday we were celebrating his 1st Christmas and now it's almost time to celebrate a 2nd Christmas with him.  He has really come a long way since August with his development.  We say that Parker is on his own timeline - if he doesn't feel like doing something, he's not going to do it.  I believe he comes by that honestly because Brad and I are that way.  I come by it honestly because I got that from my dad.  
However, we are making progress and it's fun for Brad and I to guess at what month he'll be doing certain things.  Here are a few new things he is doing:
--he crawls "commando-style" now (He was doing this before, but now he's super fast.  He can move all over the floor - you can't take your eyes off him for a second!)
--he wants to pull up all the time and he loves crawling over Brad and I
--he is a squirmy little guy when it comes to changing his clothes and his diaper (I have to have something nearby to distract him while I try to change him.)
--he can feed himself with his "spork" and he's eaten a grilled cheese
--he loves brushing his teeth and he rarely lets me do it for him (He takes the toothbrush from me and pokes it in his mouth and goes side-to-side and twists the brush.)
--he has another tooth coming in on the top (5 teeth total)
--he can say "mama" and sometimes he babbles other sounds
--he LOVES the Christmas tree ornaments (He will crawl to the Christmas tree and hit the ornament until it falls off.  Then, he wants to pick it up and bang it or eat it.)
--he likes his walker (As soon as I put him in it, he's moving all over the house.  We have hardwoods in our house, so it's very easy for him to move.)

Our Christmas cards will be coming soon, but here's a preview!
Can't you tell Jake is loving this??

Parker and Jake - great buddies now!


Parker trying to figure out what this is.  I can't wait until Christmas for him!


Look closely at this picture.  Jake looks like he's snarling and Parker doesn't look super happy either.  Sometimes Jake's lip gets caught on his gum and it looks like he's snarling - it's so funny!  This did not go on a Christmas card, but it does make for a cute picture. 
I think at this point, both the boys were done with me snapping pictures!

No comments: