Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Another Milestone!



We have reached another milestone! Wednesday morning Parker pulled up and stood in his crib for the very first time!  Quick story of how it happened: I laid him down for a nap.  He was moving all over and babbling (which is normal for him when I first lay him down).  I was in my office working, when I heard him say, "mama, mama."  I looked at the monitor and all I could see was his legs.  I looked closer and realized he was standing!  For a split second, I was like, "Yeah!"  Then, I almost had heart failure because I realized the crib is only halfway down (as you can see by the picture).  Luckily, the camera was right beside me, so I grabbed the camera and went to his room.  When I opened the door, he looked at me, laughed, and started banging on the side of the crib.  It was awesome!



















So, needless to say, his crib is now all the way down.  I'm curious to see how long it takes him to figure out how to stand up now that the crib is all the way down.




















Jake looking on making sure Brad is securing Parker's bed.  Parker doesn't seem to worried!
















Here's the finished product.  Parker testing out his new "digs."  It looks like he's in baby jail.
















In other news. . .
Parker is really crawling fast!  Just in the past couple of days, it's like he's kicked it into high gear.  He is military/commando crawling and he's just all over the place.  He's also pulling up and crawling over everything.  He still needs a little support pulling up, but not much.  Oh boy - here we go!  All my friends told me, once they get mobile and figure out the pulling up-thing, our lives won't be the same.  It's already starting to change.  He moves so quickly now from room to room - it's amazing.  Below are some pics of his latest fascinations.

Parker is fascinated with the walls and the vent.


















Parker is fascinated with Jake's bowls and the bell Jake rings when he needs to go outside.

Parker is fascinated with doors, drawers and handles.


2 comments:

Whitney said...

Oh boy, long gone are your days able to sit still, you will be constantly running after Parker. But its fun, in an exhausting way! Can't wait for our 2 to play together in a few weeks!

Casey and Amy Bough said...

Yea PK!!! Awesome little buddy!!!!! I haven't sat down since Cdub started moving. Have fun!!!!!