Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Weekend with Grandma


This past weekend my mom came down to visit with us and Parker. We enjoyed the weekend with her and she just loves spoiling him. Over the weekend, we ventured out to Babies R Us and Toys R Us. I have finally figured my way around Babies R Us, and it doesn't seem so overwhelming. However, when I walked in Toys R Us - I was like, "Where do you start?" I did go to the store somewhat prepared. I had found a couple of things online, printed them off, and took the paper with me. As soon as I walked in, I just found a store associate and asked where those particular items were.
We were looking for a bigger tub for Parker. We found this one at Toys R Us, so we decided to test it out. When I sat Parker in the tub, he immediately laid back with his arms laid out on the outside of the tub. It looked like he was relaxing in a jacuzzi tub - it was hilarious! We ended up not getting a tub, but at least I have these cute pictures.


We went to Babies R Us for a couple of things and my mom was carrying Parker around and I went somewhere else in the store to get something. As I was trying to find them, I came upon this cute little cowboy. I asked my mom what in the world she had done. She told me she found this hat on a rack and decided to put it on my little guy. It was pretty funny because it actually matched his outfit. We did leave the hat in the store, but luckily I had my camera.



We have reached a couple of new milestones now that we are 10 1/2 months old.
-Parker is mastering his pinchers - picking up puffs and eating them. He's getting better putting it up to his mouth and eating most of it. The picture below shows his puff that got stuck to his chin and he didn't know where it was.
-We have also started in 3rd foods. He is doing a good job with that food as well. The first day was a little slow, but he's gotten the hang of it and he's really using his gums to mash the food.
-We have 2 top teeth that have broken through so, he's got 2 teeth on the bottom and now 2 on the top.
-Parker can say, "Mama." It's more like, "Mamamama," but we'll take it. He's also making lots of different and funny sounds. He giggles and smiles a lot.
-He is learning to clap. He's almost got the hang of it. He likes peek-a-boo and playing patti-cake.
-He isn't crawling yet, but everyday he gets closer and closer to moving. I know it won't be too long.
-His sleeping has changed a little - goes to bed around 8:30pm and wakes up around 6:30am. He takes about a 2 hour nap in the morning and about a 3 hour nap in the afternoon.
I can't believe in just a little over a month, Parker will be 1 year old! WOW - the time has gone by so fast! I have already starting making plans for his 1 year birthday party - it should be a fun day!

1 comment:

Casey and Amy Bough said...

So cute!! Save a horse ride a cowboy!!!!! Miss you guys.