Saturday, July 25, 2009

Fun at the Farm!


Saturday my mom and I took Parker to Tanglewood Farm in Canton. It's only about 10 minutes from where we live and it's a farm with miniature ponies, goats, llamas, donkeys, horses, rabbits, pigs, and sheep. It's like a petting zoo - you can walk into most of animal pens and pet them and feed them. We had fun and Parker liked seeing all the different kinds of animals. Of all the animals there, he liked the Jack Russell Terrier dogs the best. As we were leaving, they were in a pen running around. We took Parker over to see them and he started giggling because one of the dogs kept running in a circle. Parker would watch him and as the dog ran in front of Parker, he would giggle. He did this for a couple of minutes - it was pretty funny! We did come to the conclusion that the best time to see these animals would be in the fall when it's not so hot. However, the animals were active and they definitely came around when we were in the pens with the bread to feed them.

Parker and Grandma with the only "fake" horse at the farm. It was like my "rocky horse" that I'm sure most of us had growing up. Parker seemed to enjoy sitting on the horse, so we'll have to get Parker one when he's a little older. I'm sure the ones they make now are much safer - probably made of plastic. I remember my "rocky horse" had metal springs and I remember pinching my finger a couple of times in the springs.


The goats loved the bread we fed them! I tried to give them all at least one piece, and a couple of goats bumped their friends so they could try to get more to eat. This particular goat followed us from one end of the pen to the other (I think he was hoping we would give him more to eat).


Hangin' out watching the sheep


I thought this baby goat was so cute! He was just the right size for Parker.


This was one of the miniature horses. Her name was "Tiny Bubbles." She was getting ready to go to a birthday party. The neat thing about the farm is they do birthday parties and field trips. You can have a party at the farm or they can bring the animals to you! That may be something we look into once Parker is a little older.


Parker with the little piggies. Oh my gosh - they were just the cutest things! You may not be able to tell in this picture, but the piggy on the far right was so tiny and so cute. I touched their little snouts and they were just snorting away! I sat Parker down and the piggies came right to the fence and Parker was kicking his legs - it was really cute!


Grandma and Parker with the donkey and sheep. When we stepped into this pen, the animals were sniffing Parker's stroller trying to find the bread.


What a fun day - thanks Grandma!

No comments: