Monday, January 19, 2009

4 month milestones!


Today we had a BIG milestone - Parker ate his first bites of baby cereal. This was a big deal for us because we tried this a few weeks ago, but he just wasn't ready. Today, Parker actually ate about 6 good bites. Of course, Jake was right beside him watching him eat and wondering why he wasn't being fed. After a few bites, I had to get a treat and feed Parker, then feed Jake. He was just a little jealous! We are going to try the cereal again tonight at dinner.


Parker has also been in a pretty good sleeping routine. Ever since he was born, he's always been a good sleeper. The past few weeks, his routine has gotten pretty predictable - which has been fantastic for me. I can actually get things done around the house. Parker sleeps anywhere between 8-10 hours at night. He goes to bed around 5:30-6pm, wakes up around 3-4am, eats, then goes back to sleep until about 7-7:30am. Then, he eats, is up for about 2 hours, then goes down for a 3-4 hour nap. Then, he'll eat around noon, then take a short nap around 2pm. It's a great schedule. This week, he has actually slept through the night - which has been wonderful. Last night, he went to bed at 6pm and woke up at 5:45am, then a little later, took a 4 hour nap. He definitely is a good sleeper! I think he gets that from me because I do like my sleep!

1 comment:

Whitney said...

If only Will could be like his buddy Parker and sleep that well! You are lucky, I forgot what it feels like to sleep 4 hours straight! Congrats on the baby food, Will loves his and has gotten to where he gets excited when I feed him!