We have had a pretty eventful December break so far. Friday, when I picked Parker up from school, I noticed his eye was a little red. My first thought was, "Oh no, he's got pink eye!" After we ate dinner, Brad and I noticed Parker just didn't seem himself. I checked his temp several times and it was a little on the high side. We ended up having to rotate Tylenol and Motrin to make sure his fever stayed down. Luckily, it did, but Parker caught some type of bacterial/viral infection, so we ended up going to the urgent care on Sunday. He just wasn't getting any better.
Luckily, we were seen (finally, after 2 hours in the waiting room!) and I was able to get Parker some medicine. After a few days, his eye is better and he is starting to get back to his fun, little self.
Over the break, so far, I have met some former teacher friends for lunch and dinner. It's so nice getting to see them. I have some really great friends! They are really sweet to Parker as well.
Ms. Jenny got Parker this truck. He loves it - I'm pretty sure this is going to be one of his favorites! Ms. Jenny - the below pics are for you!
Mrs. Debbie got Parker a puppy touch and feel book and 2 puzzles. He loves books and loves touching all the different textures on the pages. 
Thanks to Miss Emily, Deb's daughter, who helped pick out the puzzles. You were right Em, Parker likes the big puzzle pieces!
Wednesday, I had to run some errands, and Parker was such a trooper. Parker's tummy wasn't feeling good the night before and he didn't go to sleep until 2am!! Parker has always been an excellent sleeper and has never slept with us, and has always slept in his own bed, even from birth. So, when he couldn't fall asleep on his own, I knew something was wrong. I laid down with him, after about an hour of trying to get him to go to sleep by himself.
As soon as I laid down with him, in our guest bedroom, he went right to sleep. Needless to say, Parker slept great and I did not - hah! However, at least he finally was able to go to sleep. Then, he was up at 6:30am the next morning!! I was like, "Seriously!" I got up, put him back in his bed and he slept for another hour, but of course, I was already up at that point.
So, when we were running our errands - he was pretty worn out around 10am. We came home and I thought he would sleep for about an hour or so, until lunchtime - nope, he slept for 3 hours!! Once he woke up, we went to Chick-Fil-A and shared an ice cream together. Then, we came back home and played in the backyard. It was a beautiful day - about 50 degrees. We are about to get hit with cold weather and possible snow, so we have to take advantage of these nice days!
Staring at the magnolia tree!
My little MVP! Hah!
Jake loves getting outside too! He runs all over and Parker and I play fetch with him. Jake's favorite game is fetch with his tennis ball. We throw the ball, Jake brings it back, and we give him a treat. However, Parker doesn't understand those are "Jakey" treats and not "Parker" treats! Hah!
We had a fun time outside, until I realized we were locked out of the house! Hah! (See, I told you our week had been eventful!) We came out the basement door and when we went to go back in the basement door, it was locked. Somehow, it locked when I pulled the door shut! Brad wasn't home, so I was going to have to wait for him to get home. However, I realized one of our garage windows was cracked, so Parker and I were able to go through the window and get into the house that way. I was mad at first, but then I started laughing because of everything else that has gone on this week! Hah!
This is one of Parker's nighttime rituals with daddy - they read word cards together. It's really cute and Parker and dad enjoy the time together! Brad will say the word, then Parker takes the card, looks at it, turns it around 360 degrees, tries to say the word, then hands it back to Brad! I have to get it on video!
Thursday and Friday, we'll be making some Christmas cookies and other holiday goodies, so more pics to come!







2 comments:
So glad that Parker is feeling better in time for the holidays. I love the picture of Parker running away from Jake - it is so cute. Merry Christmas to the four of you!
Bless your heart...and Parker's too! Hopefully he is feeling much better, and I hope he is back to his normal self soon! Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment