Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Hall of Fame Weekend


I had such a surreal experience this past weekend.  I traveled back to my alma mater, TN Tech, to be one of 4 athletes inducted into the Sports Hall of Fame!  This is such a humbling honor and I'm so thankful my family and friends could be there to share this wonderful weekend with me.

We left Friday and Parker got sick in the car.  Poor thing, he threw up twice on the way there.  Luckily, the first time, we were still in the neighborhood, but the second time, we were on the road.  We had to pull off at a truck weigh station, clean him, clean the car seat, strip him down and then get back on the road.  Poor thing, he fell asleep and all he had on was his diaper, with a blanket laying on top of him!  Luckily, he got to feeling better by the festivities Friday night.

Brad, Parker and I at my induction dinner Friday night.  I had to give a speech in front of 400+ people!!  I was really nervous, but it went really well!  Whew!  There were 3 other inductees and it was so neat to hear their speeches and their perspective of their athletic careers.

Parker leaned over to give me a kiss!

Brad and I with my softball picture.  This picture will hang in the "Hoop" (the basketball arena).

Parker with "mom."  He looks so proud, but he was so tired!!  It was about 10pm and he had been sick and hadn't slept much.  He was a trooper though!

Me and my softball coach, Coach Acheson

Me and 2 of my "girlies."  They traveled from GA to be with me on my special night.  Thanks gals!

Me and my mom (and I know my dad was there in spirit)

Parker and Grandma Kleeman at the Homecoming Parade.  Both Brad's parents flew in from NE to be with us on my special weekend.  That meant so much to me!


Parker being silly at the football game

The 4 of us getting recognized at halftime of the football game

Me and my brother, Ryan.  He and his family came in from Knoxville to share the day with me.  Thanks so much!

Me with Parker, my Mom, my brother and my nephew, Dakota

Parker having fun at the football game!


Having fun with Uncle Ryan!

This is where my picture will go in the basketball arena.  Pretty cool!

The Henry's and The Kleeman's

Parker with his cousin Dakota. 
After the game, we all went to eat at the local BBQ joint.  We had a great time and I appreciate everyone coming.  It truly meant so much to me to have everyone there!

2 comments:

The Boney's said...

WOW! What a great weekend! I know you felt SO LOVED with all of your friends and family there! I am sure it is a weekend you will never forget. Congrats on that lifetime accomplishment! What is next!

Libby said...

I know a celebrity now!! I am so very impressed, but not surprised! You are a terrific person, mom, and teacher! Congratulations!!