Sunday, September 26, 2010

Feed Jake

Do you remember that song, Feed Jake?  I think Sawyer Brown or Pirates of the Mississippi sang the song.  Well, we can officially adopt the lyrics in our house. . .
Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep.
If I die before I wake, feed Jake, he's been a good dog;
My best friend, right through it all, if I die before I wake, feed Jake.

So, here's the story . . .
I was cooking dinner and every time I'm in the kitchen, Parker comes in and "begs" for something to eat.  So, I was cutting him some pieces of cheese and at first, Parker was eating the cheese.
Then, just like Parker, Jake comes into the kitchen when he hears food sounds.  So, like he always does when someone has food, he sits right in front of you, hoping for a bite.
Jake will even give you this sweet look, hoping the pitiful look will work. 
I was talking to Parker and telling him to not feed Jake anything.  However, I don't think Jake liked that idea too much! Hah!  
I handed Parker a piece of cheese and . . .  
There it goes - in Jake's mouth!!  So, needless to say, Jake has a new best friend!!
Parker even teased Jake a little, because he would take the cheese, put it towards Jake's mouth, then pull it away and eat it!  It was hilarious!!

1 comment:

Casey and Amy Bough said...

So cute. Aren't a boy and his dog so adorable? Love them and you guys, too. Miss you.