Sunday, August 8, 2010

23 months!

My little man is 1 month closer to turning 2!! I can't believe he is already 23 months - where did the time go?  Parker is a lot of fun and he really thinks he's hot stuff - hah! Here are a few things about Parker:
-weighs about 30lbs
-about 33-34in long
-has 14 teeth
-takes 1 nap a day (about 1 1/2-2hrs)
-walks about 50% of the time (he still likes crawling, but he's starting to figure out he can walk better)
-can get up on his own, if he's in the middle of the room and/or if he's sitting (before, he could only get up by pulling up or holding on to something)
-he's extremely curious about everything
-still a great eater (eats everything on his plate)
-likes to brush his teeth (I brush them first, then I let him do it); I sing this silly song while he brushes his teeth and he loves it!
-loves his preschool and his teacher (he sleeps on a cot at school and he will fall asleep on his own now)
-loves books and loves to look through them
-likes to roll the ball with Brad and I

Parker is fascinated with turning the water on and off!!
Parker loves story time! This is part of our nighttime routine. Parker gets to drink a cup of milk and we read stories together. I love that time together!
This is when he first woke up. Poor thing - he's been jamming his fingers in his mouth for a few days, because he's got lots of teeth coming in.
He really didn't want to get up this morning!
Parker loves his I Spy book!
Sorry in advance to my friend Whitney, who is a media specialist. She is probably cringing seeing Parker hold the book like this. I did correct him quickly Whit - hah!
Parker likes to blow bubbles and make funny sounds.
I don't think I ever posted a picture of the finished playset, so here it is.  Brad did all the rock work and built the footbridge! It's a really nice area to play in now.

2 comments:

The Boney's said...

Love the play area! So so nice! Can you send Brad our way? Also love that he is reading so much! My guess is he will be reading before kindergarten!

Whitney said...

Don't worry B...Will treats his books horribly! Yes, I do cringe and correct him, but I think it might just be a toddler thing. That is why we don't check out library books yet. I am not ready to have to pay for the damage that he does to them!