I wanted to update on some fun things Parker has been doing. I took Parker to get his hair cut. I usually cut his hair, but he hadn't had a professional hair cut in several months, so I decided to take him to a local shop by our house. He did great and really cooperated. It took the lady about 30 minutes, so I was very impressed with how well he did! He looks so grown up in the chair!
The finished product - looks good!
Parker still loves his swing! We swing every night before bed. We thought this would be a nice activity to relax him, but the past few nights, it's actually wound him up a bit. Hah!
We couldn't leave Jake out! He loves running around in our backyard and the neighbor's. He's getting really good at staying close and not running off. However, sometimes, he does have his moments where he wants to go on an adventure! Hah!
Ok, so now for some reptile news! The other day, we were in the back and I lifted up one of our gutter extensions and there was a slimy friend! Of course, I grabbed my camera to get a picture. The next day, I checked on our friend Sammy, and he was still there. Hopefully, he likes his home and he'll stay a while (he's only welcome to stay if he stays under the gutter). Hah!
In other reptile news - we have a snake!!! Yes, a snake!!! Those of you that know me, know that I cannot stand snakes. I've already had a close encounter with a HUGE snake when we lived in Woodstock, and I still remember that experience as if it were yesterday. So, Brad is mowing and I am inside with Parker. He yells at me from the backyard, "Snake, come here!" Ok, first of all - really?? Did he just say snake and then ask me to come see it?? Anyway, I grabbed my camera, grabbed Parker, and ran outside. So, here is our rat snake (at least, that's what Brad said it was). Don't worry, Parker was swinging while I was freaking out about Stanley the snake and taking pictures. This was the ONLY picture I took of Stanley all stretched out (his head is on the right side).
While I took the picture of Stanley - he was moving, so I decided to get some video. You should hear me on the video - it's pretty funny. I was really freaking out - hah! I took these 2 pictures because Stanley slithered to this bush and you could only see the tip of his black tail hanging out for a while (look to the right of the magnolia leaf - it's the dark black line). The 2nd picture is the bush where Stanley is living. This freaks me out even more, because I can't see him!!
Finally, to end on a happy note - Parker had his first dentist appointment! It went great and of course, I had my camera! The dentist is super nice (he's a pediatric dentist) and we really enjoyed our time there. Parker was the best patient ever - he opened his mouth and let the dentist brush away. He and the dental assistant were super proud of Parker, and so was I. I had no idea how he was going to do, but he just laid there and was perfect!
Having fun at the mirror on the huge tree that is in the waiting room. The office was very kid-friendly, and it was a very fun and relaxed atmosphere.
The dental assistant was nice enough to take our picture after Parker's appointment.







1 comment:
Oh my goodness! The dentist?! What a big boy! By the way, LOVE his haircut..what a cutie!
Post a Comment