WOW - what a weekend! This will probably go down as one of the best Mother's Day weekends for me. Our fun weekend started as I was packing for our trip to TN Tech (where I went to school and played softball). We were headed there for my softball recognition to the Wall of Honor.
Everytime I start packing, Jake knows something is going on. So, as I was packing for the trip, he laid on the step with his head propped, and was watching me like a hawk. He followed me around everywhere I went. I was so glad we were able to take him with us on the trip, because I think he would have been very disappointed if he had not been able to go!
Our trip started with a little bit of an issue with Parker. First, we were planning on leaving at 9, however, Parker was still sleeping at 9!! Brad went in his room to wake him up and he was burning up! I took his temp and it was 102!! I was like, "You have got to be kidding me!" I gave him some Tylenol and we waited about 30 minutes. He seemed fine, so we decided to go ahead and leave.
We were stopping in Chattanooga, to get my mom, so I figured we would be able to make it there and check him again. We checked him again in Chattanooga, and he was about the same. The Tylenol did it's job, because Parker slept almost the whole way to Chattanooga and to Tech. I just kept hoping and praying that Parker would get to feeling better.
Once we got to Tech, we stopped and had lunch with our favorite professor, Dr. Akenson and his wife, Mickie. We had a great time and it was so good to see them. Thanks Dr. A and Mrs. A, for a nice lunch and a fun visit!
Parker did great during lunch, but I could tell he was fading fast. As soon as he finished eating, I got him out of his seat, let my mom hold him, and he went right to sleep!
(I love his little Golden Eagle t-shirt. It's a little snug, but he had to wear it!)
After lunch, it was off to Tech's Softball Alumni Day. It was a beautiful day, but it was a little windy. It was nice getting to see some former softball girls and getting to see Coach and his family.
I was recognized as a member of the Tech Softball Wall of Honor, and I was very humbled. It was a very surreal experience to see my name on the wall. I thought about all the years of playing and practicing, my mom and dad encouraging me, my coaches and their expertise, and all my former teammates. This truly was an incredible experience and it's so nice to be recognized for my talents and hard work.
Me and Coach Acheson
Tech's Softball Wall of Honor
Such a surreal experience!
Parker slept through the entire ceremony! He was laying down in Grandma's lap and was all bundled up - he slept for almost 4 hours straight!
After the game, there was a cookout for everyone. The food was great, but the temperature was so cold! As soon as the sun went down, the temp dropped about 15 degrees, and the wind was blowing. However, we all made the best out of it!
Parker finally decided to wake up, so he was able to enjoy the cookout and we were able to get some pictures.
Parker (and all of us) were glad to be back in the hotel, after being outside in the cold. We actually turned on the heat in the hotel room!
Sunday, before we left, we went to campus and took a few more pics.
This was so surreal to be taking this picture with Parker!
My mom and I
I had to get a picture with Jake! Brad couldn't believe I wanted to do this, but Jake needed his picture taken by the sign as well! Hah!
We got a tour of the renovated "Hoop" (the arena) by a former baseball player who works in the athletic department. Thanks Ben for the tour - the Hoop looks awesome!
These pictures are in front of the back drop where they do press statements. Pretty cool!
Parker fading fast, again! I was trying to encourage him to stay awake just a little longer!
The renovated Hoop - new floor and sky boxes. It's really nice!
The football stadium.
What a nice Mother's Day 2010 I had! A special thanks to Brad, Parker and my mom for sharing this special and memorable weekend with me.
Happy Mother's Day to my mom, Barbara and Brad's mom, Rita and to Brad's grandmother, Grandma Kleeman. Happy Mother's Day also to my sister, Amber and Brad's sister, Jenny and my sister-in-law, Donnie. We want to send a special, loving wish to our grandma's who are no longer with us, my Grandma Brown and Granny Henry and to Brad's Grandma Nebuda. We love you all and thank you so much for helping to shape our lives and our families!







1 comment:
I feel as if I know a celebrity! I am way impressed! Congratulations and a belated happy Mother's Day! See you in a few weeks!
Post a Comment