Saturday, April 24, 2010

Music Class



















I take Parker to a music class every Thursday called Kindermusik (yes, it's spelled with a 'k' at the end).  It's really a lot of fun and we always look forward to the class.  We've been going for almost 2 months now.  We are very fortunate, because it's literally 5 minutes from our house!  Parker has met some new friends and I've enjoyed getting to know the moms in the class.  He's also the only boy, most of the time.  However, the past 2 classes, he's had some competition with the ladies in the class, with Will and Brayden.  I finally remembered to bring my camera at our last class, and I got some cute pics.  Can you believe it took me almost 2 months to get pictures of this??  Hope you enjoy!

We always sing the "Hello" song to begin (Parker's favorite), then we lay the babies on their backs and rub them certain ways, while Miss Amanda plays guitar and sings.  Well, Parker is intrigued by the guitar, so he will only lay on his back for a couple of seconds, then he rolls over and watches and listens on his tummy.  Parker and his friend Carlan, are the only 2 not following directions (hope this isn't an indication of what's to come - hah).   














This was supposed to be "relax/rocking" time.  As you can see, Parker wanted none of that.  He crawled over to the door and then turned and looked at everyone, as if to say, "Hey, what are you guys doing?"


















He got Carlan to come to the dark side with him, so neither of these two were relaxing or rocking.  Does make you wonder what these two are thinking, doesn't it?














When the instruments come out, Parker is all about that.  He liked this instrument and he liked the egg shakers (the shakers are one of his favorite instruments).  All the kids like the egg shakers - it's pretty funny to watch all the kids shake, bang, and try to eat the eggs!



























Miss Amanda singing and swaying with Parker - he loved it!  However, as soon as the music ended and she stopped singing, he was done with her, and he came back over to me.
































We end every class with the "farewell" song.  Again, Parker's favorite because of the guitar.  When she plays, he doesn't take his eyes off it! 
These classes have been great and we will continue going to them.  For all my friends who have little ones, I would highly recommend this!

2 comments:

Whitney said...

I have wanted to take Will to one of these classes. Holly takes Jake and raves about it. I will have to check into it, even though I can see Will being a little like Parker and not always following the "rules"!

Libby said...

Thank you Brandy for posting about this!! You know I am extremely interested, and this looks like it is "right up our alley"!