Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Fun with Family















The past 2 days, I got to spend some time with my sister and my neice.  They live in Virginia, so I only get to see them about once a year.  They came to Chattanooga for a couple of days, so Parker and I drove to Chattanooga to spend some time with them.  It was great and we had a lot of fun together! 

The fun started with me making my rabbit cake.  I made one last year, so this has become Parker's Easter cake tradition.  This year, I made the rabbit as a carrot cake with cream cheese frosting - YUM - it was good!  I had to transport this cake from my house all the way to Chattanooga - I was so afraid I was going to drop it!  Luckily, it made it to Chattanooga just fine! 


















The plan was to give Parker just a few bites.  However, I sat the cake down in front of him and I started talking.  The next thing I knew, he was digging into the cake with his hands - I looked at him and this was the face I got!  I think he was quite proud of himself - it was pretty funny!


















After we wiped Parker down, we went outside and enjoyed the beautiful weather!  It was hot, but we found some shade in my mom's backyard.  Parker is so funny - he loves it when the wind blows in his face - he'll close his eyes, wrinkle his nose and put his face towards the sun.



























Parker with his Aunt Amber and his cousin Shelby.



































My neice, Shelby and my sister, Amber.  I'm so glad we got to spend time together.  I really hate that we live so far from each other.
We enjoyed a shopping trip at the mall.  The mission: to find Shelby a prom dress.  Needless to say, it was a long day!  She did find one, but not in her size.  So, my job is to look at the stores in my area to see if they have her size.  Shelby, I would only do this for my favorite neice!  We took time out to eat some lunch, and Parker enjoyed getting to eat some cornbread and sitting by his favorite Aunt!



























We had a great time and I really enjoyed getting to spend time with my sister and neice.  Thanks Amber and Shelby for a fun 2 days!  Thanks also to my mom for letting us stay with her, for helping out with Parker and for the yummy food!

No comments: