Thursday, January 14, 2010

Parker's Latest
















Just wanted to update you all on the latest with Parker.  He has really made some great progress in the last 2 weeks.  He is getting very close to walking!  We can't believe it.  Parker is pulling up on everything!  All he wants to do, all day long, is crawl over to something, get on all fours, and pull up and stand.  He pulls up on the couch, futon, cabinet, chair, and even the wall!  He loves it.  Once he's standing, he looks around for me and smiles - it's awesome.  He's cruising along the couch and futon and he's starting to turn sideways when he moves.  All our friends say he's so close to walking!

The below picture is Parker with this inflatable rat.  Last weekend, we all went to the Atlanta Home Show at the GA Dome.  It was a lot of fun and we enjoyed the day with Parker.  This was the first time we had been able to get out, because of the snow and ice.  Brad couldn't believe I took Parker's picture with the rat, but I thought it was funny.



















We are so proud of Parker!  He has mastered his lion push toy.  Brad and I never thought we would see this day come!  He can get himself up on the lion and walk back and forth across the room all by himself.  He's also starting to let go with one hand and sometimes both, trying to figure out his balance.  It's just great and I think he's really proud of himself too!  It's just amazing to watch because it makes you realize how detailed walking is, and how much concentration he's putting into trying to figure it all out.















I had to put a picture of Jake on here.  Parker loves Jake and he loves patting him and he even tries to pull up on him.  I know Jake likes Parker, but I don't know how much he likes being pulled on.  Parker did try to bite Jake on the backside and Jake didn't like that too much, but then one day they were both laying in front of the heater.  So, I think it's a give-and-take relationship!

1 comment:

Casey and Amy Bough said...

So cute.. love the rat. I would have taken a pic, too. I know you guys are so excited. If he's pushing that walker, he is super close. Talk to ya soon.