Well, today is the day - Mom turns 31!! Wow - where has the time gone? I've had a pretty good day so far. It's a little chilly, but it's sunny, so it makes for a pretty day. We went to church this morning and Parker was great (although, he always does really well in church). Then, we went to eat breakfast. Later tonight, we will go out to eat at Red Lobster. That is one of my most favorite places to go and it's been a long time since I've been there. It's also where my dad and I used to go all the time to eat all-you-can-eat crab legs. I honestly think Red Lobster lost money during those times, because my dad and I could eat so many crab legs between the 2 of us!!
The last 2 weeks, Parker has been giving me some birthday presents:
-he only takes 1 bottle of formula now (just in the morning, but I'm about the cut that out)
-he drinks "big boy" milk for lunch and dinner and has some juice for a snack
-he's a great eater (last night he ate meatloaf for the 1st time and loved it!!)
-he's a great sleeper (goes to bed by 8:30pm and is asleep within 5 minutes; wakes up around 7am)
-he takes about an hour and a half nap in the morning and a 2 hour nap in the afternoon
-he loves crawling (he does the military/commando-style crawl); he goes everywhere, so we really have to keep our eye on him - we are starting to "baby-proof" the house
-he is very much interested in trying to pull up (he still needs a little assistance doing this, but we're getting there)
-he likes to stand and we're working on taking steps (he's getting the hang of it!)
-he loves to laugh and make his "Mr. McGoo" face (we call it his "McGruber" face)
-he's working on saying "mama" - right now it's just "ma"
Parker is a happy, healthy boy who has a great disposition and I couldn't imagine my life without him. Parker is the best birthday present I could ever ask for.
Here are some fun pics of Parker hanging out with his "friends." I don't really know what Parker was doing in these pics, but it looks like fun. As you can see, Jake is right there with Parker, on the lookout.







1 comment:
It looks like Parker was teaching school to his friends! What a cute little booger! Glad to hear all is going well, happy belated birthday!
Oh...I remember going to Red Lobster with you and Amy at TECH for the all you can eat Crab Legs. Ya'll ate so many legs, I thought we would never get to leave!!! :)
Post a Comment