Tuesday, August 11, 2009

11 month adventures


Parker is 11 months now and I can already tell he is growing up. Every time I take his picture and I look back to earlier pictures, I see him changing and turning into a little boy. In just a few more weeks, he will be 1 year old and that just seems impossible! As you can see, he still has his baby curls - I just can't bring myself to cut his hair yet. Brad has been on me to get his hair cut - I will, after he turns 1.

Hanging out in our backyard watching Jake play fetch.

It's a big yard and Parker looks so tiny!

Jake and Parker hanging out in our backyard with our neighbor John.


Parker's 1st trip to the Waffle House!

Sunday, after church, we stopped at Waffle House and had breakfast. However, Parker was not too fond of the idea. He got sick and we had to leave early. I guess that was his way of letting us know he was not ready to be dining at the Waffle House.

Sunday afternoon we took Parker to a park nearby to try him out on the swing. It was miserably hot, so we only stayed for a few minutes. Parker did ok, but I think he was so hot, he just wanted to get back to where it was cool. There was no shade and the swing was extremely hot. I put a shirt on the bottom of the swing for him to sit on, but I think it was still really hot. We'll try that another time!


I think this picture says it all, "Guys, I'm hot and I want to go home!"

On his 11 month birthday, we went over to our neighbors for dinner. They made egg rolls and rice - oh my gosh, so good! Parker didn't get to experience the egg rolls and rice, but he did eat some mixed vegetables, pears and bananas! I believe this picture shows a content little boy with a full belly.

Trying to read to Parker when he's on the ground is not as easy as it used to be. He used to just lay there, now he wants to roll and move everywhere. He gets up on his knees and he's working hard to get those arms up so he can start crawling. We think he may skip the crawling stage and go straight to pulling up and walking. We'll just have to see - he's on his own schedule.

Taking a long snooze with his lion after a fun day.

No comments: