Monday, December 1, 2008

Parker's Baptism


On Sunday, Parker was baptized at Brad's church where he grew up and where his parents still attend. It was a beautiful service and Brad and I are so glad that we were able to be part of it. Parker wore a white gown and was wrapped in two beautiful white blankets, one from his Aunt Jenny and one from Grandma Kleeman. It also snowed a little bit the day of the baptism, so that made it even more memorable. Parker was very good through the entire service. He cried a little at the beginning, but soon found the lights in the church and was fixated on those.


Parker sitting in church before being baptized.


Brad and I with Parker and the priest. Parker was very good when Father Ron poured the water over his head - he didn't even make a sound! Even Father Ron was impressed at how good he was during this. He is a special little boy.



Brad and I with Parker and the proud grandparents!



Our family with Father Ron.



Parker by the baptism tree. If you look closely, you can see Parker's name on a leaf just to the left of his head. All the children that get baptized, gets their name on this tree and it stays in the church.



Parker on his way to church.

1 comment:

Whitney said...

YEAH Parker! I love to see people get baptized, it is such an emotional expericence, it usually makes me cry. I'm glad to see that you guys are doing well. Can we get together over Christmas? We have so much to talk about!!!