Thursday, August 21, 2008

Baby Parker is coming soon!


We went to the doctor today and she told us that I am 1.5-2cm dialated and 70% effaced!! OMG!! She said, "You're going to have a baby soon!" I about fell off the table!! She told me that because I walk every day, that is helping keep my muscles strong and is related to the high percent effacement. She told us to go home and pack a bag and get the car seat ready. I asked her, "What do we do after that?" She said, "You just wait." Now, you guys know me - I am NOT a waiter, I am a planner. This not knowing stuff and waiting is going to drive me crazy! Brad and I are going to use this weekend to get any last minute things done, so hopefully baby Parker doesn't decided to enter the world quite yet.
Brad and I have talked to Jake and explained to him what is happening. He didn't really seem too fond of the idea, but he knows there is nothing he can do about it. He told us he would be a team player! He is sitting in Parker's chair that goes on the swing and beside Parker's bouncer. I think he's going to be a great big brother!
We will keep you posted on any developments!

1 comment:

Casey and Amy Bough said...

I am soooooo excited!! I can't wait for Colt to have somebody to show the ropes to. You guys are going to be great parents. Hang in there. The wait will absolutely be worth it!!!!!