Sunday, May 19, 2013

Fun times in May



May is such a fun month!  We've done lots of fun things!

We watched the Kentucky Derby and cheered for our horse, Oxbow.  We picked him because he likes to have his tongue pulled - it's hilarious!  He didn't win the derby, but Oxbow did win the Preakness!
Parker and Hannah helped mow the yard.  They both love to push the mower all over the grass, so Brad is starting to train them early - hah!  
Of course, I think Hannah loves to run around in the yard just as much, or more, than mowing it - hah! 
A couple of times a week, the kids enjoy watching either their reading or ABC video.  I love this picture of them! 
For Mother's Day, we did our annual Atlanta Garden Tour of Homes.  We did this last year on Mother's Day and had fun, so we thought we would try it again.  This year was a little different, because we had 2 little kiddos that were very mobile, but we still had a fun time!

One of the homes we visited was 5 acres and had this small water area and their doggie loved being in the water "bobbing" for his floating tennis balls.  It was awesome and the kids and I loved it! 
Hannah on the move! 
Another home we visited was just as awesome as the 5 acres with the doggie.  The landscaping at this home was exactly how Brad and I like it - straight lines, tight hedges, very clean and sharp.  It was really nice!
The hit at this house was the goldfish pond.  It was awesome - look at the size of these goldfish! 
Would Jake not be spoiled in that doggie house??  Yes, that is a doghouse for the dog and it matches the house!  I love it! 
 Hannah loved this view! 
I had a great Mother's Day.  I got to spend 2 wonderful days with the kids and they both took LONG naps each day after we got home from the gardens.  I think this picture is a perfect shot of how they felt each afternoon when we were done with the tour - hah!
.

My 2 sweet Mother's Day gifts Parker made for me at school.  I love my plate of a purple flower made with his fingerprints and the craft he made is just precious!

No comments: