Parker has strep - poor thing! He's done so good staying healthy so far, and he picked up strep from somewhere. He was just fine a few days ago, but Thursday night he started showing signs of not feeling well. After he ate dinner, he started a "whine-cry" and we knew something wasn't right. Our first thought was his teeth are coming in. Then, we felt the back of his neck and it was so hot! I went to take his temp and it was 103!! I gave him some Tylenol and called the nurse and she told me to monitor him. His temp kept going up and down, so I took him to our pediatrician Friday afternoon. They tested him for strep and flu - thank goodness the flu was negative! We are giving him some antibiotics and he eats a little and then sleeps a LOT! I know that's good for him. When he's awake, you can just tell he doesn't feel well. He sleeps so good - 3 hours solid! Last night he slept for 12 hours straight! Hopefully he'll get to feeling better in a couple of days.
This is Parker's 1st toothbrush that we're going to have to throw out because of his strep. I wanted to take a picture of it, before it heads off to the landfill!
I also got Parker his 1st pair of real shoes! He's been wearing the "baby shoes" because he hasn't really decided if he wants to start walking yet, but once these shoes were on his feet, it's like he's a new little guy. I got them at Target and even though he won't get to wear them very long, at least they look cute on his feet!
We've hit another big milestone. We have lowered Parker's crib. He's finally starting to push up and "pat-pat" the crib and he's at the beginning of pulling up on the front of the crib. It was an exciting day!
This is Parker's favorite game now. We call it the "stair-master." These stairs lead up to our bonus room, which we are starting to turn into a playroom. We put a toy at the top of the stairs, Parker sees it, and he works so hard to get to the top to play with it.
Parker finally made it to the top and he heads straight for the futon and his other toys. The futon is perfect for him to practice pulling up!







No comments:
Post a Comment