Well, we are better and over the strep! Thank goodness it didn't last too long. I have never seen one little guy sleep so much! I know it was good for him to sleep, but mercy, he was sleeping 18-19 hours a day! Whew! Finally, Parker is back to his old self again today.
Sunday, Parker turned 14 months. It was kindof a bummer day, because Parker was still recovering from strep, then Brad decided to join in the fun and he got sick as well! I don't know who is worse being sick, baby or hubby! I banished Brad to our bonus room and I was Lysoling everything every hour. I sure hope we don't get what he has. Luckily, it's just a stomach bug, but still!
So, some new things Parker is doing:
-drinking "big boy" milk all the time (in his sippy cup); I've tried to use different tops, but he seems to like this one particular kind right now
-eating table food (good eater; I haven't found anything he doesn't really like - at least not yet!)
-can feed himself big pieces of food (he's also getting better with using a "spork" - I hand it to him and he takes it to his mouth and eats the food - he's definitely getting the idea!)
-sleeping well (2 hour morning and afternoon nap; bedtime by 8pm, up by 7-7:30am)
-commando crawling
-stepping with our help (hi-stepping with legs - it's hilarious); for all my athletic friends - it's like reverse butt-kicks!
-pulling up (still needs help getting from floor to standing, but he's definitely trying on his own); loves going up the stairs (with our help)
-loves to swing (laughts and smiles when he's swinging; he almost fell asleep in the swing Sunday afternoon)
-likes Jake (laughs at him and pats him - sometimes he tries to grab a chunk of fur)
-likes getting his teeth brushed (he's starting to grab the toothbrush and "try" to brush his own teeth)
-babbling more (pretty good at saying "mama")
Parker is watching his reading video in this picture. He only watches it 1 time a day and only during the "work" week (it's about 30 minutes). The big challenge with this now is how long he stays still. I used to put him laying down, on the boppy, and he would stay there the entire time. Now, as soon as I lay him on it, he begins crawling over it to get close to the tv. So, I've tried sitting him down and putting the boppy around him, but that doesn't seem to work either. He'll just lower himself down and crawl towards the tv. A few times I have found him so close to the tv, that he's patting the tv screen. I always move him back, but then, I think he thinks that's fun, so he'll start crawling again towards the tv. I don't get mad, I laugh, because it's great that he wants to move!







No comments:
Post a Comment