Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Baby Parker has arrived!!


Here is our new family! This was taken on the 1st day we arrived home from the hospital. It was so good to be in our own home. Jake was so happy to see us all!

Proud Daddy with his new son!

Parker Dean Kleeman

Mr. Parker, who is just a few minutes old!

He gets the head full of hair from his daddy and his lip from his mommy!

Mom with her new son!

Brad checking out Parker under the warmer. He was about 10 minutes old.
Story of Parker's arrival: We were set to be induced on 9-8-08. I woke up that morning around 4am having some mild contractions that were about 10-20 minutes apart. We called the hospital and they told us to come on in, so we got there about 8:30am. Around 9:30am, we were in the room and they had started me on Pitocin to get my contractions 2-3 minutes apart. It only took a couple of hours for this to occur. At 12:54pm - Parker Dean Kleeman made his entrance into the world. I pushed 5 "hard" pushes - with NO epidural - ALL NATURAL and out he came. Looking back on it, it was painful, but the last few contractions were the worst. I just remember telling myself, "You can do this, no needle!" Evidently that worked. Brad was a great coach and was by my side the entire time. He even told me when the next contraction was coming so I could be ready. I really think because I walked consistently almost every day for 40 weeks, that truly helped with my delivery. Brad is a great dad and what a wonderful little man our Parker is. We can't wait for you all to meet him!

4 comments:

Casey and Amy Bough said...

Yayyyyyy!! I can't wait to see him. What great stories Colt has to share with him and what great stories CAsey and I have to share with him about mommy and daddy(probably best until he's older, though, not newborn material). We love you guys and congrats!! Ya'll will be great. What a lucky little boy already.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! We are all excited to meet him here in Nebraska. We are also happy to hear big brother Jake is doing well.

Whitney said...

Congrats! Mike and I were thrilled to hear that Parker had arrived and that you, Brad and Jake are doing well. We look forward to meeting up with you so that our two little guys can meet and play together. Take it easy over the next few weeks, let Brad do diaper duty! :)

Anonymous said...

Brad and Brandy,
Congratulations! Isn't it great?.You will make great parents and Parker is a lucky little man. I am so happy for both of you
I look forward to meeting him some day.
Also, I like the name.Parker Klemen...
Sounds like a centerfielder.
God bless,
Larry Bough