Thursday, August 11, 2011

Big Boy Room


Well, our little man is officially a big boy!  Brad and I finished his big boy room and he's been sleeping in his new room, all night long, for the past week.  It's great, but also sad at the same time, because I realize he's growing up way too fast!  We were going to wait until after his birthday to transition him to his new room, but I just felt it was time to move him.  He has done a great job and I am so proud of him!

This was our guest bedroom, before we turned it into Parker's room.

And here is Parker's new big boy room!  The bunk bed was given to us by my friend Ginny, whom I work with.  It is awesome and fits perfectly in his room! 

A close-up of the bedding

This bookcase has certainly "been around the block."  It was the bookcase, for many years, in my house in TN where I grew up.  Then, it came to GA when I got my first teaching job and it was in all my classrooms during my 6 years of teaching.  Then, when I wasn't teaching anymore, it came to our house and was in Parker's room for a while.  For the past year, it's been "hanging out" in our basement.  When we decided on Parker's new room, I knew this bookcase would be a perfect fit! 

The bookcase got a makeover - primed and painted with a new color!
The finished product!  I was afraid it was going to be too green, but it actually turned out perfect.  I couldn't be happier with my bookcase makeover - hah!

Jake loves Parker's new room, but we try to keep him out as much as possible.  We got a new pad and carpet in this room and he loves laying on it.  He also likes to sit in front of the window where the sun comes through. 

Climbing up for the first time!


Parker is very happy about his new room and we are so glad he is enjoying it!

No comments: